Once the final pieces of the building process are nearing completion your Perth builder will contact you to book your Practical Completion Inspection (PCI) often referred to as the Handover Inspection. How exciting!
In this article, we explore the topic of Practical Completion Inspections, so that you can have an overview of what to expect.
When should a Practical Completion Inspection occur?
Usually the builder will notify the client once the PC is approaching, and the two parties will agree on a date and time. This is when the building supervisor will meet the client on-site to determine the outstanding defects that require repair.
The items we typically inspect during a new home practical completion inspection include:
- Roof cavity – Insulation, sarking, roof frame, and vents
- Roof covering – ridge capping, hip capping, box gutters, flashings, tile/Colorbond installation, gutters, downpipes, fascia and eave installation
- External areas – external walls, brickwork compliance, render installation, window & door installation, flyscreens, paintwork, cladding, portico, alfresco, and taps
- Internal areas – slab, internal walls, paintwork, window and door installation, ceilings and cornice, door & window hardware, tiles, taps, lights, cabinetry, floor coverings & plaster
- Testing of all accessible windows & doors.
- Note all damage, chips, nicks and dents to window glass and frames, tiles, shower frames, mirrors, cabinetry, handles, benchtops, toilets, and sinks
What are the benefits of a PCI?
- A PCI ensures you get the best value for money for your home
- You will be instilled with confidence that thee builder will met your expectations
- You will receive a better quality product for the same price
- The PCI reports are fully comprehensive, with photos taken during the inspection
- The building inspectors you have access to have an extensive industry background
- Of course, a PCI will ensure any defects can be repaired before they become more serious or costly
Furthermore, we help provide PCI services in Perth to:
- Perth property developers
- Perth builders
- Perth home buyers
- Perth vendors
- Perth building owners
- Perth property planners
- Perth architects
- Perth private businesses
- Government departments
- Perth real estate agents
- Perth property managers
- Perth strata managers
- Perth mining companies
- Aged care facilities in Perth